Sunday, September 17, 2017

Finwing Sabre Flights 41, 42, 43

Yesterday was a great day with the Sabre. Flights 41 and 42 were done with the 16,000 mAh battery and flight 43 was with the 10,000 mAh battery. Winds were less than 5 mph and it was smooth.

As for the camera mount, mounting it on top of the FPV camera like I posted about here didn't work. It added vibration and did not reduce the "jello" much. However, what did help a lot was to isolate the camera by taping it to a rolled up paper towel cushion, and also taping some quarters to the camera to add more mass. The videos are much better now, and are enjoyable to watch.

I also tried using the telemetry setup that I posted about here. It wasn't very successful. The data would update for a few seconds and then freeze and ultimately lose connection altogether. I'm not sure if it was a Bluetooth connection issue or a telemetry range issue, or instability of the software. After about 10 minutes of messing with it I abandoned it to enjoy the flying.

In flight 43, I did my first FPV landing with the Sabre. That was exciting. It wasn't a perfect landing, but it wasn't too bad.

Here are some videos from onboard:

Onboard Video, Flight 41

Onboard Video, Flight 42

Onboard Video, Flight 43

A couple nice views of the Erie Canal.



No comments:

Post a Comment