Monday, October 9, 2017

Repeater "Stand"

I finished a quick and somewhat crude stand for my repeater. The main idea was to have a way to keep the Dragon Link transmitter antenna vertical and have it be easily portable.

I made it out of foam board. I used magnets on the bottom so that I can use the heavy ammo can that I always have with me at the field as the base. The Dragon Link transmitter just sits in place, and is held by the rubber band and a dowel, much like how I've done Dragon Link Transmitter mounts for radios.
For now, I will be using one of my 2S 4,000 mAh batteries from my RC monster truck (Traxxas Summit) to power the ground station. That way, I will never have to worry about the amount of battery left, as it is way more than it could consume in a flying session. In the future I will upgrade to a BEC to power the ground station. That way, I can just plug in any battery I want and it will give the correct voltage to the OrangeRX and the Dragon Link transmitter.

The Setup, Front.

The Setup, Back.

The Bottom of the stand, showing the 3 magnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment