Saturday, February 24, 2018

New Radio: FrSky Taranis X9D Plus SE

I've had some issues with my DX20 along the way. The most recent being an issue where the power cycled itself off several times on its own while I was preparing for a flight with my Vortex 230. That was scary.

Ever since I got into the more advanced FPV, I've had friends and people on RCGroups telling me to just get a Taranis radio. These are made by FrSky, and offer many advantages, such as tremendous programmability, customizability, and value. These radios run Open-Tx software, which is an open-source, community supported software. It's fairly complicated to learn, and very different than Spektrum.

I finally decided to give it a try and bought the Taranis X9D Plus, Special Edition, in the carbon fiber color.

I also bought an XSR receiver to use with my Vortex 230, as a way to get my feet wet with it.

I haven't had the chance to do any messing around with it yet, but I am looking forward to giving it a try.

The Taranis came in this nice, compact case.

Here's what the radio actually looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment