Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Ground Station Progress & Updated Schematics

I made some minimal progress on my ground station. I got a tripod to mount things to as well as the 1.3 GHz Crosshair video receiver antenna.

Those are both shown here:

Pardon the mess! This is what the reality of working with
this much stuff in a one bedroom apartment looks like.
In doing more reading and learning, as well as taking suggestions from people on RCGroups, I also modified my ground station plan. Rather than have all the gear on the single tripod, powered by one battery, I have separated out the control portion of the repeater from the video portion. This physical separation will be the simplest way to ensure my UHF signal doesn't cause video issues. It also means that the way I have my control repeater set up now can still be used as-is. That schematic is here:

UHF Control Repeater Schematic

Here is the updated ground station schematic.
Video Receiver Schematic. This is exactly what will be 
on the ground station when it is done in its simplest form


No comments:

Post a Comment