Sunday, December 3, 2017

Microphone in the Sabre

I did a bit of soldering today and got the microphone set up in the Sabre. It required another set of wires to be plugged in to the Vector flight controller. It also required soldering to the audio input wire of the video transmitters. I added the plug to both the 5.8 GHz and 1.3 GHz video transmitters so I can use audio either way. I tested it out and after turning the volume gain way down to get rid of feedback, it works great. It may need some tweaking after test flying to get the volume control set to a good value, but audio definitely comes through clearly on the Headplay.

The whole point is to be able to hear the motor so if I am ever far from home and something doesn't seem like it's behaving right, I can just turn the volume up on the Headplay to make sure the motor is responding properly.


Here's some of the new wiring that went in the Sabre.
The microphone is the tiny green circuit board.

Audio cable is plugged in to the Vector, right next to the Dragon Link receiver.

This is the battery compartment of the Sabre. Now after the wing goes on, the microphone will have to be plugged in the the "AUD" wire, just like the video transmitter has always been plugged in to its own wire that goes to the Vector.

Here's where I currently have the microphone mounted. It's in the aft portion of the payload bay where the other mass of wiring is. I taped it up so it's out of the way, and won't wiggle during flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment